Alex Bono has had a standout career on the Hill and is being handsomely awarded for it. The Baldwinsville native has crept up the leaderboard or set Syracuse records in just about any goalkeeping category that can be tracked. He was the anchor of one of the best defenses in the country. Now, he's a Generation Adidas player and entering the MLS draft.
He becomes the first player ever to make the leap early to MLS and as such has set another career milestone. His career has been a wealth of honors with the Orange after he was in goal for the 2012 and 2014 NCAA tournament runs. The defense over these years has been the backbone of the team and Bono was a huge part of it.
This year's plaudits:
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year
- NSCAA All-South Best XI - First Team (Still not sure how we're in the South Region)
- NSCAA All-American Best XI - First Team
- Top Drawer Soccer Best XI - First Team
- College Soccer News Best XI - First Team
- MAC Herman Trophy Finalist - National Player of the Year (Winner announced tomorrow)