Major League Lacrosse will hold its draft in Baltimore on Friday at 8:30 PM. Last year, the Syracuse Orange had five players drafted in the 2015 MLL Draft. That being said, Brian Megill, in 20113, was the last Syracuse player to be selected in the first round.
The top rated prospect from Syracuse is Brandon Mullins. Mullins is known as a physical, shutdown defender, but he can also look lost on the field at times and does have slow feet. The professional coaches seem to be split on Mullins. Through 52 games played at Syracuse, Mullins has picked up 81 groundballs and caused 45 turnovers.
- Lax Magazine's Phil Shore has Mullins going to the Denver Outlaws with the #5 pick
- Inside Lacrosse's Kyle Devitte has Mullins listed as one of the "Can't-Miss Players" on defense, the #6 player available, and going third in its mock draft to the Florida Launch
- In Lacrosse We Trust's Brendan McDaniels has Mullins listed as the #2 defenseman available, and going sixth in its mock draft to the Denver Outlaws
Dylan Donahue has been one of the steadiest offensive players in college through his four years at Syracuse. Donahue is incredible at getting open in tight spaces, great offball, and has an incredible shot. Through three years at Syracuse, Dylan Donahue has put up 166 points and is considered one of the best players in division I.
- Inside Lacrosse places the senior as the #4 player available, is listed as one of the "Can't-Miss Players" on offense, and has him going in the seventh spot to the Rochester Rattlers
- Lax Magazine has Donahue going as the tenth pick (second round) to the Atlanta Blaze
- In Lacrosse We Trust has him listed as the second best attackman available, and going ninth in its mock draft to the Boston Cannons
Tim Barber had 124 points in his two years at Onondaga Community College where he helped the Lazers to a 35-0 record and was named the 2014 NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year. In his only year at Syracuse, Barber had 11 goals and 8 assists.
- Inside Lacrosse has Barber as one of its "Sleeper" selections for offensive players
While numerous Syracuse players are available, I doubt there will be any other selections from the Orange. However, the three other players with the highest potential might be Tom Grimm, Warren Hill, and Jay McDermott.