After the Hoyas' 72-80 overtime loss to the smoldering tire fire that is Marquette, Georgetown is:
- 11-7 in the overall and barely in the NCAA Tournament discussion (KenPom.com projects Georgetown to finish with around a 15-15 record);
- Positioned 69th in KenPom.com's ratings (behind Ohio, Toledo, and the Stephen F. Austin Fightin' Stephen F. Austins);
- Ranked 83rd and 84th in adjusted offensive efficiency and adjusted defensive efficiency, respectively;
- Sitting behind the powerhouse that is Providence in the Big East standings and is only a game up on DePaul and Seton Hall -- !!! -- in the win column;
- Still without the services of The Human Garbage Truck (Josh Smith);
- Staring at a three-game stretch of Creighton, Villanova, and Michigan State.
These are the good times, people. Things are going great on The Hilltop: