The Syracuse Orange have completed their 2024 matchups by announcing their last non-conference opponent. It’s a team that SU fans should get used to seeing a lot of in the coming years.
The UConn Huskies began a new series with the Orange last season, which was supposed to span four games over six seasons. That number is now five, as the two teams will now face each other every year from 2024-2027. 2025 and 2026 are currently scheduled as home games for Syracuse - though no official decision has been made about the newly announced contest.
It is almost certainly a home game as well - but whether it’s actually played in the Dome or at a neutral site remains to be seen. We were caught by surprise a few days ago when ‘Cuse announced it would play Pitt at Yankee Stadium this fall, and the fact that a venue hasn’t been named yet makes us think another visit to the Bronx - or across the Hudson to the Meadowlands - may be in the works.
With the confirmed addition, here’s what the next three Syracuse schedules will look like:
- Home: Ohio, Holy Cross, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami
- Away: Army, Boston College, Louisville, NC State, and Pitt
- TBD: UConn
- Home: UConn, Army, Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia Tech
- Away: Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida State, Virginia, Wake Forest
- Neutral: Tennessee
- Home: New Hampshire, UConn, Florida State, Louisville, NC State, Virginia
- Away: Army, Boston College, Duke, Miami, Notre Dame, Pitt
Some other scheduling news: the 2023 Spring Game will be held Friday, April 21 at 7pm. In addition to being on ACCNX, fans should once again be able to attend for free. We’ll update you once Cuse releases info on how to claim tickets for the event.