The Syracuse Orange men’s basketball team earned a decided 80-68 win over the Georgetown Hoyas. The Orange men answered the call to arms in the storied rivalry between the two historic programs as Syracuse was able to get on the right side of the 99th overall meeting.
To recap the game, we brought on our own Dom Chiappone who was on site from the Capital One Arena to cover the game as well as Christian De Guzman, the Quadir Copeland of TNIAAM.
Topics of the conversation include:
- Going inside Capital One Arena with Dom’s retelling
- This series still has some bite...
- But it also doesn’t help the résumé from a scheduling standpoint
- While we’re at it, why not restart the Syracuse-UConn rivalry?
- JJ Starling headlines the game, but the Syracuse bench steps up
- Copeland and Mounir Hima play important roles
- The quandary with the center position
- Syracuse kept Georgetown at bay late with Mintz on the bench
- Benny Williams couldn’t help against Cornell but he could against Georgetown
- Rebounding still a major key heading into conference play
- What does Syracuse have to do to build an NCAA Tournament résumé?
If you haven’t yet, please subscribe:
- Download the podcast from Megaphone
- Download the podcast from Apple Podcasts
- Also: Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Castbox
You missed it! If you haven’t already listened, see previous episodes of A Syracuse basketball podcast below