Men’s basketball schedule week continues here on Thursday, as the Syracuse Orange make yet another announcement around the 2021-22 non-conference slate. According to the school, SU will face off with the Cornell Big Red on December 21 from the Carrier Dome.
Syracuse and Cornell have a long history playing each other, as you know, though that was interrupted last year due to COVID and the Ivy League not playing at all. Syracuse leads the all-time series 93-31 and have won 40 straight while playing off and on from 1969 to 2019. Last time out, SU scored a 72-53 at the Dome.
So with that, Syracuse has now completed the non-conference schedule. And while we know the opponents and locations for the ACC games, we just need dates there as well.
Here’s what we know so far, with the ACC docket probably coming sometime in August.
- Oct. 27: Pace (Exhibition)
- Nov. 1: Le Moyne (Exhibition)
- Nov. 9: Lafayette
- Nov. 14: Drexel
- Nov. 20: Colgate
- Nov. 30: Indiana (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)
- Dec. 18: Lehigh
- Dec. 21: Cornell
- ACC home dates TBD: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami (FL), Pittsburgh, Virginia, Wake Forest
- Dec. 11: Georgetown
- ACC road dates TBD: Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Miami (FL), NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
- Nov. 24: VCU Rams (Battle 4 Atlantis)
- Nov. 25: Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 26: Battle 4 Atlantis
- Dec. 7: Villanova (Madison Square Garden)
There’s a shot that an ACC game gets squeezed in between the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and the Georgetown game, but hopefully the Orange get to use that time as a little bit of a breather given the number of games they have in late November. Assuming we’re all good with this schedule, since it’s a mix of old Big East foes and some challenging teams, plus the usual suspects? Share your own scheduling takes below.