Just a couple weeks ago, we took some wild (but educated) guesses about Syracuse Orange football kickoff times and networks. While we don’t have the full year’s times and TV info yet — and won’t until we’re actually well into the season — five different game times and networks were revealed on Thursday.
First up is the opener, which I was pretty sure was a nooner for ESPNU or ACC Network. Instead, it gets primetime treatment (7 p.m. ET) at the Ohio Bobcats on CBS Sports Network that Saturday night. Syracuse opened the 2018 season on CBS Sports Network as well, visiting Western Michigan in a 6 p.m. Friday matchup (which SU won 55-42).
In week two, the Orange play their home opener against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, and that one gets going on ACC Network at 2 p.m. ET. They’re back at it on ACC Network the following weekend, in a nooner vs. the Albany Great Danes at the Dome.
SU has a short week before another home date the following Friday against the Liberty Flames. That game gets a very late kickoff: 8 p.m. on ACC Network as well. I’m surprised Hugh Freeze is allowed to be out that late.
The final game solidified was Syracuse’s home game against the internet rival Clemson Tigers. After bugging them yet again last year down in Death Valley, the two teams will meet for a Friday night ESPN kickoff at 7 p.m. ET on October 15. That’s nearly four years to the day of the 2017 game, when SU knocked off the Tigers at the Dome in primetime.
So that’s that for now. We’re probably waiting for the rest until late September. But what do you think? I’m personally surprised there’s only one noon kickoff here to be honest. If ‘Cuse fumbles early, though, that could be “right-sized” on the backend.
Full slate below, with dates, plus the kickoff times and networks we’re currently aware of.
(all times ET)
- Sept. 4: at Ohio Bobcats, 7 p.m. (CBS Sports)
- Sept. 11: Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 2 p.m. (ACC Network)
- Sept. 18: Albany Great Danes, noon (ACC Network)
- Sept. 24: Liberty Flames, 8 p.m. (ACC Network)
- Oct. 2: at Florida State Seminoles (TBD)
- Oct. 9: Wake Forest Demon Deacons (TBD)
- Oct. 15: Clemson Tigers, 7 p.m. (ESPN)
- Oct. 23: at Virginia Tech Hokies (TBD)
- Oct. 30: Boston College Eagles (TBD)
- Nov. 13: at Louisville Cardinals (TBD)
- Nov. 20: at N.C. State Wolfpack (TBD)
- Nov. 27: Pittsburgh Panthers (TBD)