The Syracuse Orange went down the Blacksbug, VA and got punched in the mouth a few times by Virginia Tech, but it was the Orange who landed the knockout blow with a last second touchdown to win 41-36. It was such an odd game in that the Orange somehow gifted Virginia Tech 3 points on a failed extra point, used two timeouts on the one yard line, and missed a chip field goal ALL IN THE SAME QUARTER and somehow never completely lost the thread of the game. The Orange scored 21 points in the fourth to win, and Andy, Christian, and Steve got to celebrate.
On this edition of the Nunes LiveStream, the guys talked about:
- The Syracuse Orange won a game!
- But the special teams is omg bad. (119th bad, actually!)
- Let’s talk about the defense and the weirdness that was this game.
- The Orange bad tackling returned, and it hurt run defense.
- Tony White LOVES his safety blitzes.
- Offensive breakdown, and Gilbert actually called a good game!
- The verticality in the passing game was a welcome addition.
- Sean Tucker: Absolute Magician.
- Offensive line: not a group of magicians.
- 50% bowl chances! Yay!
- Yes or no: Competitive end to the season for the Orange?
- The Syracuse Orange Men’s Soccer team beat the No. 6 team in the country, who happens to be Clemson!
- Join our Discord!
These will be taking place every Sunday night at 8 PM ET, so feel free to join in the fun or wait until the following Monday morning for the re-watch above!