With the renovations complete and the first Syracuse Orange game this Saturday, it seems like we’ve kind of sort of moved on from the Carrier Dome name without a replacement.
SU's article celebrating the history of the Carrier Dome refuses to mention the Carrier Dome. It ends up reading like a last-minute 7th grader book report cribbed from Wikipedia.#WelcomeToOurHomeVenueBuildingStructure pic.twitter.com/T8BKWWyKt8— Sean Keeley (@SeanKeeleyIsMe) September 23, 2020
You can’t spend over $100 million dollars on a renovation and then just call it a place or structure so what about some suggestions:
- The Stadium at the Barnes Center
- Billy Joel’s Upstate Home
- The Stadium at Turning Stone
- Brewster Boland Brockway Ball-field
- Archbold Remastered
- Simmons Stadium
- Jim Boeheim Court on Ernie Davis Legends Field at Jim Brown Stadium
- The ‘Cuse Coaster
- New York’s College Stadium
- Dome Away from Dome
- The Artist Formerly Known as the Carrier Dome
- This Doesn’t Belong to Carrier Anymore And We’re Going to Call it This Until They Agree to Walk Away From the Name - Try and Sue Us
- The House That Jim Boeheim Built
- Virginia Tech’s House of Horrors
- Remember That Time We Beat Clemson Here?
Certainly the TNIAAM commentariat has other ideas to put out there. So lend your alternate names below for the next Syracuse press release.