Former Syracuse Orange basketball star Malachi Richardson stops by in this latest episode of Orange Legends. Malachi has joined Boeheim’s Army for the annual The Basketball Tournament and made his debut this week. The Orange took down the Purdue alumni team, Men of Mackey, on Tuesday, to advance to the round of 8 this weekend.
Since being drafted, Malachi has had stints with the Sacramento Kings and Toronto Raptors, as well as their G-League affiliates, played in the Israeli league and most recently was playing in the Italian first division until he was sidelined with a broken hand that required surgery. This was his first time back in action post injury.
James welcomed him on the latest edition of Orange Legends on SportsCastr. In this conversation, they talked:
- Malachi’s lone season at Syracuse
- The run to the 2016 Final Four
- What’s life like inside the TBT bubble?
- Could TBT’s bubble be replicated in other sports leagues or is this too complicated?
- Malachi dubs himself the best Madden player on Boeheim’s Army
- Boeheim’s Army and the team’s first win over Men of Mackey
- What to expect from the group of Syracuse guys the rest of the way in TBT
The conversation begins at the 10:15 mark in the video below.
Malachi can be reached across just about any social media you want to find him at:
Thanks to Malachi for the conversation.