clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Syracuse in the NBA: How to watch former Orange stars in the bubble

The NBA is back.

Los Angeles Lakers v Orlando Magic Photo by Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images

After a four month shutdown without basketball, the NBA has returned with hopes to salvage the remainder of the 2019-20 basketball season. While the MLB continues to work through difficulties of playing through the coronavirus, the NBA has went to the bubble model (a la TBT). Of the 30 teams in the NBA, 22 have gathered in Orlando at the Disney resort to finish out the season.

For the past week, teams have been scrimmaging inside the bubble without fans. For the next two weeks, teams will play in earnest to finish the regular season and to determine seeding in the NBA Playoffs, which is set to begin on Aug. 17.

For the sake of SU fans here, Syracuse has four former Orange stars in the league that will be playing at least over the next two weeks. More on that below.

(all times ET)

Portland Trail Blazers v Toronto Raptors Photo by David Dow/NBAE via Getty Images

Carmelo Anthony, Portland Trail Blazers

Skinny Melo is back in new form, shedding some weight during the NBA hiatus. Portland has moved Melo to the three and he’s put up 14 and 9 points in his last two outings in just 14 and 16 minutes, respectively.

The Trail Blazers have just a 12 percent chance of making the playoffs, per FiveThirtyEight. The remaining regular season schedule for the Trail Blazers is listed below. Times are listed in Eastern and television network is listed where applicable.

Fri, July 31 vs. Memphis: 4 p.m. on NBATV

Sun, Aug. 2 vs. Boston: 3:30 p.m. on ABC

Tues, Aug. 4 vs. Houston: 9 p.m. on TNT

Thurs, Aug. 6 vs. Denver at 8 p.m.

Sat, Aug. 8 vs. Clippers: 1 p.m. on TNT

Sun, Aug. 9 vs. 76ers: 6:30 p.m. on NBATV

Tue, Aug. 11 vs. Dallas at 5 p.m.

Thurs, Aug. 13 vs. Brooklyn: TBD

Dion Waiters, Los Angeles Lakers

Dion was picked up by the Lakers just prior to the shutdown. He’s played well during scrimmages, putting up 18 points and 6 assists in his last outing. Waiters Island is also back in full effect.

Waiters has the best chance to win a ring out of all the former Syracuse players in the league this year. According to FiveThirtyEight, the Lakers have a 31 percent chance of winning the Finals.

The remaining Lakers schedule is below.

Thurs, July 30 vs. Clippers: 9 p.m. on TNT

Sat, Aug. 1 vs. Toronto: 8:30 p.m. on ESPN

Mon, Aug. 3 vs. Utah: 9 p.m. on ESPN

Wed, Aug. 5 vs. Oklahoma City: 6:30 p.m. on ESPN

Thurs, Aug. 6 vs. Houston: 9 p.m. on TNT

Sat, Aug. 8 vs. Indiana: 6 p.m. on TNT

Mon, Aug. 10 vs. Denver: 9 p.m. on TNT

Thurs, Aug. 13 vs. Sacramento: TBD

Jerami Grant, Denver Nuggets

Jerami Grant has carved out a nice NBA career to this point. He put up 10 points in his last outing. The Nuggets have already clinched a playoff berth, but have just a 1 percent chance of winning the Finals, per FiveThiryEight. The remainder of the Nuggets schedule is below.

Sat, Aug. 1 vs. Miami: 1 p.m. on ESPN

Mon, Aug. 3 vs. Oklahoma City: 4 p.m. on NBATV

Wed, Aug. 5 vs. San Antonio at 4 p.m.

Thurs, Aug. 6 vs. Portland at 8 p.m.

Sat, Aug. 8 vs. Utah: 3:30 p.m. on TNT

Mon, Aug. 10 vs. Lakers: 9 p.m. on TNT

Wed, Aug. 12 vs. Clippers: 9 p.m. on ESPN

Fri, Aug. 14 vs. Toronto: TBD

Los Angeles Lakers v Orlando Magic Photo by Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images

Michael Carter-Williams, Orlando Magic

MCW has revitalized his NBA career in Orlando. He also recently opened up about his battle with depression with Jeff Goodman. He put up 6 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in just 12 minutes against Jerami Grant’s Denver Nuggets. Orlando has a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs, but just a 1 percent chance of winning the Finals.

Orlando’s remaining schedule is below.

Fri, July 31 vs. Brooklyn at 2:30 p.m.

Sun, Aug. 2 vs. Sacramento: 6 p.m. on NBATV

Tues, Aug. 4 vs. Indiana at 6 p.m.

Wed, Aug. 5 vs. Toronto at 8 p.m.

Fri, Aug. 7 vs. 76ers: 6:30 p.m. on TNT

Sun, Aug. 9 vs. Boston at 5 p.m.

Tues, Aug. 11 vs. Brooklyn at 1 p.m.

Thurs, Aug. 13 vs. New Orleans: TBD

Oshae Brissett, Toronto Raptors

Given the amount of injuries the Raptors have dealt with this season, Brissett has gotten some opportunities to suit up for Toronto. He’s averaged just 1.9 points and 1.4 rebounds per game in limited minutes, but playoff experience will still be valuable for him — even if just from the bench. He’s with Toronto inside the bubble, and could get called upon here and there before the postseason begins, depending on how secure the Raptors’ seeding is. He played just four minutes in the first exhibition game, missing a three.

Toronto’s remaining schedule is below.

Sat, Aug. 1 vs. L.A. Lakers: 8:30 p.m. on ESPN

Mon, Aug. 3 vs. Miami: 1:30 p.m. on NBATV

Wed, Aug. 5 vs. Orlando: 8 p.m.

Fri, Aug. 7 vs. Boston: 9 p.m. on TNT

Sun, Aug. 9 vs. Memphis: 2 p.m.

Mon, Aug 10 vs. Milwaukee: 6:30 p.m. on ESPN

Wed, Aug 12 vs. Philadelphia: 6:30 p.m. on ESPN

Fri, Aug 14 vs. Denver: TBD