Former Syracuse Orange linebacker Derrell Smith was our latest Orange legend to join us on SportsCastr.
Derrell talked to us about the differences between the coaching of Greg Robinson and Doug Marrone and how he’s taken his education, passion and networking to create a business.
We’ve included the video below, here’s a rundown of some of the major topics we discuss:
- What it was like for defenders playing in Scott Shafer’s attacking system
- What happened when Doug Marrone took over the program
- Derrell’s most memorable hits and the time he “lumbered 60 yards”
- Using food to make a difference in the community
- Ending up working with Bed, Bath and Beyond, Subway and Disney and what’s next for 99 Eats Co
You can check out the full interview below and there’s a lot to be said for hearing his story about following your passion and doing something that can empower others. Thanks to Derrell for spending time with us. Be sure to follow Derrell on Instagram and keep an eye out for Amazeballs and OG Sauce