With The Basketball Tournament (TBT) coming “sooner than you might think,” TNIAAM caught up with former Syracuse Orange men’s basketball and current Boeheim’s Army player Eric Devendorf. Boeheim’s Army has slowly put together its roster and the oft-accessible Devendorf has been a mainstay in TBT since inception, so we got together for a chat on SportsCastr ahead of the tournament.
As an active voice in the Syracuse community, we talked with Devendorf about the protests in cities throughout the country, how things were handled in Flint, Michigan, before turning the page and talking about TBT, Syracuse and Devendorf’s professional career.
Some other topics from that conversation, which you can watch and listen to below:
- How an overhaul to the TBT structure will look with just 24 teams in one location
- A new look Boeheim’s Army with youth and shooting
- Workouts with rising Syracuse junior Buddy Boeheim
- What happened when Devendorf decommitted from Michigan State and Tom Izzo?
- A full flex Jim Boeheim story
- Derrick Coleman’s halftime speech to Syracuse against Georgetown in the 2006 Big East Tournament
- Devendorf’s expansive professional career
- Ending with Devendorf’s voice in the Syracuse community and social impact
Feel free to get the conversation started in the comment section below.