It’s basically a national holiday here on TNIAAM, as the Syracuse Orange (and the ACC) have announced the 2020 football schedule — including all dates and opponents. First and foremost, you can check that out below, via Twitter:
And for SEO purposes, here’s the full list in plain text form.
Friday, Sept. 4: at Boston College Eagles
Saturday, Sept. 12: at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Saturday, Sept. 19: Colgate Raiders
Saturday, Sept. 26: at Western Michigan Broncos
Saturday, Oct. 3: Louisville Cardinals
Saturday, Oct. 10: BYE
Saturday, Oct. 17: Liberty Flames
Saturday, Oct. 24: at Clemson Tigers
Saturday: Oct. 31: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Saturday, Nov. 7: at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Saturday, Nov. 14: N.C. State Wolfpack
Thursday, Nov. 19: Florida State Seminoles
Saturday: Nov. 28: at Pittsburgh Panthers
Looking back at our predictions from a couple weeks back, it seems we got it very wrong, largely based on the fact that we didn’t anticipate opening at BC. But the greater takeaways from this release:
- Opening at BC is a potential blessing with that team rebuilding and implementing a whole new system. Also means we don’t have any tape on what we’ll see, and we know what happened last year when this staff had that excuse early...
- Great bye placement again, coming in week six, giving us additional time to prepare before a pesky Liberty squad.
- Clemson’s too late in the season (October 24) to catch Trevor Lawrence before he heats up, sadly.
- Other than the first two weeks, not on the road in consecutive weeks at all, which is nice.
- Potentially brutal November ahead of us with Wake, NC State, FSU and Pitt.
- Speaking of, Thursday nighter against FSU at the Dome, which is fun, even if difficult.
How do we feel about the overall schedule? Happy? Disappointed? Dreading the whole damn thing? We’ll dive into very early W-L projections tomorrow.