Over the last month, we’ve invited you to participate in SBNation’s NCAA Fan Pulse (and it’s not too late to sign up if you haven’t). Bow we have the first FanPulse results to share with you.
Here is the pre-season top 25 as determined by fans across the country. A warning: They’re all #disloyalidiots.
You’ll notice that college football fans feel that the Syracuse Orange aren’t deserving of a top 25 ranking. I guess most of them feel like last year was a fluke or that the loss of Eric Dungey will set the Orange back.
The smart football fans here certainly had a higher opinion of Syracuse and here’s what the TNIAAM FanPulse Top 25 looks like:
- Clemson Tigers
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Georgia Bulldogs
- Oklahoma Sooners
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Michigan Wolverines
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Florida Gators
- Texas A&M Aggies
- Texas Longhorns
- LSU Tigers
- Oregon Ducks
- Washington Huskies
- Penn State Nittany Lions
- UCF Knights
- Utah Utes
- Wisconsin Badgers
- Syracuse Orange
- Auburn Tigers
- Iowa Hawkeyes
- Iowa St. Cyclones
- Northwestern Wildcats
- Miami-Florida Hurricanes
- Michigan State Spartans
- Nebraska Cornhuskers
ARV: Virginia Tech Hokies, Army Black Knights, Virginia Cavaliers, Kentucky Wildcats and Washington State Cougars
Clemson was the top team for every fanbase except Alabama (expected) and Rutgers (what?). How did the other ACC fanbases view the Orange in their pre-season rankings? Glad you asked....here’s how they view Syracuse and other ACC schools (only includes fan bases with 50 or more members):
- Clemson and Georgia Tech fans put Syracuse 24th behind Miami who came in at 22nd
- Florida State didn’t rank the Orange but they have Miami at No. 23 and Virginia Tech 25th
- Louisville fans didn’t rank Syracuse but they have Miami No. 22 and Virginia Tech No. 25
- Miami ranked themselves 18 thand they also have Virginia Tech 25th
- Pitt and Wake Forest fans both have Syracuse 24th behind Miami (22nd), but ahead of Virginia Tech (25th)
- Virginia decided not to rank Syracuse because of their own insecurities, but they felt comfortable putting their own Cavaliers No. 24 just behind Miami.
We took a look at the non-ACC voting and no school thought that Syracuse deserved a top 20 ranking so if you want to know why the Orange aren’t in the top 25 nationally then you can just keep it simple and blame everyone.
We’ll be bringing you these FanPulse updates throughout the season so keep making your voices heard. The more of us there are honoring our contracts, the more likely it is Syracuse will be ranked each week.