The Syracuse Orange men’s basketball team begins the NCAA Tournament tonight, as they take on the Baylor Bears from Salt Lake City, Utah. SU comes in as the 8-seed in the West Region, while Baylor’s the 9. Syracuse has never won a game as an 8-seed, going 0-1 in their lone attempt.
As you well know by now, Frank Howard won’t be suiting up for the Orange after violating athletic department policy. But the rest of the team will be healthy and on the court to make sure Syracuse gets to the round of 32 — something this program has done in eight straight NCAA Tournaments coming into this year (the record is 10 straight for SU, by the way).
The game was scheduled to start at 9:57 p.m. ET, but it’s going to start a bit later than that. You can watch on truTV, or stream it on NCAA.com or the March Madness Live app.
While you’re waiting for tip-off, however, we wanted to catch you up on any potential game preview info you may have missed:
- Everything you need to know about the game: TV/streaming, history, odds & more
- Andrew provides five things to watch for when SU faces Baylor
- Three things Syracuse will need to do to beat the Bears
- Also, some other things to know about Baylor going in
- #FakeNunes: Syracuse vs. Baylor
- The Orange have actually been pretty successful out West
- What do Baylor fans think about this game? A Q&A with Our Daily Bears
- Cool read from James around Oshae Brissett and the Canadian talent pipeline
- How far does the TNIAAM staff think Syracuse goes in the tournament?
- Prediction time: Who’s a #disloyalidiot and who honors their contract?
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game thoughts in the comments below. And G’ORANGE!