Ladies and gentlemen, the Syracuse basketball podcast is back to preview the Syracuse Orange vs. Georgetown Hoyas game taking place on Saturday in Washington, D.C. The Orange will head down to Capital One Arena to take on the Hoyas and continue the rivalry, which is knotted at 2-2 since Syracuse’s departure from The Big East.
SU had a week off since its win over Georgia Tech given that it’s finals weeks on campus, which subsequently means that Bobby was unable to join. So, with that being the case, we brought on Matthew Gutierrez from The Athletic to cover.
Topics from this pod include:
- Does this game still matter? Is it worth it?
- Series split at 2-2 since 2015
- Syracuse’s four losses all have common theme
- Ken Pomeroy predicts a Georgetown win at home
- Hoyas winning (2-0) despite losing James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc
- Galen Alexander and Myron Gardner remain on the team despite turmoil
Topics with Guti include:
- Rob Long takes on cancer, survival and what comes next
- A friend’s suicide spurred former Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney to become a mental health advocate
- What do we make of the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry?
- Will this be another Cuse-GTown nail-biter, or more in line with Syracuse’s 9 double-digit wins/losses this season?
- Syracuse is feast or famine from 3 this season, but can the hot shooting from Georgia Tech carry over to Georgetown?
- Howard Washington’s recent play
- Last shot at a quality non-conference win for the Orange
- Will youth play a factor in another NBA arena/hostile environment?
- Should Syracuse renew the Georgetown series past the Jim Boeheim era?
If you haven’t yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
- Download the podcast from Megaphone
- Download the podcast from iTunes (PLEASE RATE & REVIEW the podcast on iTunes. Appreciate it!)
- Also: Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Castbox
You Missed It! Recent TNIAAP episodes: