It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. It was Taco Time again last night as the Syracuse Orange handled the Miami Hurricanes by a final score of 73-53. That of course means that Syracuse achieved Taco Time by scoring over 70 points for a second straight home game.
In an interesting scenario, Elijah Hughes knocked down his seventh three of the game to give Syracuse a 70-48 lead with 4:41 to go, only for it to be ruled a two. So Syracuse was stuck with 69 points (and Hughes with only six threes) when Oshae Brissett ultimately rang the bell with a bucket to give Syracuse a 71-50 lead.
They just took a point off the board. So now Syracuse only has 69. Is it not Taco Time anymore?— Seth Goldberg (@sethgoldberg17) January 25, 2019
The eventual Brissett bucket moved Syracuse to 10-6 ATTS (against the taco spread) this season. That’s the first time the Mississauga native has rang the bell this season and Tyus Battle still leads the way as it relates to authorizing taco time (five).
See TNIAAM taco time tracker stats below.
- October 25, St. Rose - Bell-ringer: Tyus Battle
- October 31, Le Moyne - Bell-ringer: Buddy Boeheim
- November 6, Eastern Washington - N/A
- November 10, Morehead State - Bell-ringer: Tyus Battle
- November 21, Colgate - Bell-ringer: Elijah Hughes
- December 1, Cornell - N/A
- December 4, Northeastern - Bell-ringer: Buddy Boeheim
- December 8, Georgetown - Bell-ringer: Tyus Battle
- December 15, Old Dominion - N/A
- December 18, Buffalo - N/A
- December 22, Arkansas State - Bell-ringer: Tyus Battle
- December 29, St. Bonaventure - Bell-ringer: Tyus Battle
- January 9, Clemson - N/A
- January 12, Georgia Tech - N/A
- January 19, Pittsburgh - Bell-ringer: Frank Howard
- January 24, Miami - Bell-ringer: Oshae Brissett
Leading Bell-ringer: Tyus Battle (5)
As per our discussion last time, what would you prefer as a promo? If something is not listed in the poll, feel free to make a suggestion in the comment section.
What would you prefer as a promotion?
This poll is closed