In an announcement on Cuse.com, the Syracuse Orange men’s basketball team finalized a home game on Wednesday, November 21 with the Colgate Raiders.
This will be the 171st meeting between the schools (HOODOOOOOO), the most of any Orange foe. Syracuse is 125-45 in the all time series. Last year, Colgate went 19-14 with a 12-6 record in the Patriot league. ‘Cuse and Colgate played last year at the Carrier Dome, with the Orange winning 72-58.
John took a look at this last week, but here’s what the schedule looks like now for ‘Cuse:
- November 6: Eastern Washington Eagles (2K Classic)
- November 10: Morehead State Eagles (2K Classic)
- November 15: UConn Huskies (at MSG)
- November 16: Oregon Ducks/Iowa Hawkeyes (at MSG)
- November 21: Colgate Raiders
- November 28: at Ohio State Buckeyes (ACC/B1G Challenge)
- December 1: Cornell Big Red
- December 8: Georgetown Hoyas
- December 15: Old Dominion Monarchs
- December 18: Buffalo Bulls
There are still some slots to fill, but the basketball schedule being close to completion is a nice reminder that the season isn’t that far away (though don’t rush us through football just yet...).
With three games to go, Syracuse could go in any number of directions for the final spots (again, see John’s article from last week). But it wouldn’t surprise us to see Eastern Michigan on there once again, or potentially St. Bonaventure as well. In any case, we should know everything by the end of summer, at latest.