The Syracuse Orange women’s basketball team (22-7, 10-6) start off their ACC Tournament journey today at 2 p.m. ET against the Virginia Tech Hokies (17-12, 6-10). While SU has had a far better regular season than Tech, the Hokies have beaten the Orange already this year -- a 74-63 upset on February 1. Should Syracuse win this contest, they’ll get a rematch with the No. 1 seed Louisville Cardinals, who also beat SU, 84-77.
Before SU and Virginia Tech tip off from Greensboro, N.C. on your local RSN affiliate/ACC Network Extra, here’s some last-second reading:
- Tiana Mangakahia received All-ACC honors this year
- Hoya Suxa simulated how this ACC Tournament could play out
- Mangakahia broke the ACC single-season assists record the other day
- Current bracketology puts the Orange as a 7-seed out in Spokane, Wash.
- As a refresher, Syracuse and Greensboro have an interesting history
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments here and G’ORANGE!