As part of being your home for Syracuse Orange-related news, we scour the interwebs to see what other outlets are saying about the team. Each week, we’ll round up some of the discussion points involving the Orange and bring them to you. So let’s dive into the post-week three talking points.
- Andrea Adelson keeps the Orange 12th in this week’s ESPN ACC Power Rankings, but she also starts the wishful thinking wheel in motion
“Syracuse struggled early against Central Michigan before finally pulling away. LSU looms next -- could there be an opening to steal a win given how poorly the Tigers played last week?”
- Syracuse moved up five spots to 73 in The All-American weekly rankings.
- Bill C’s S&P+ now shows Syracuse at 50th which is up nine spots from last week. You might be surprised to see the Orange are ahead of a few unbeaten squads like the Maryland Terrapins, Memphis Tigers and San Diego State Aztecs. In case you were wondering, the LSU Tigers are sitting at 9th in the S&P+ even after their blowout loss last weekend.
- Nice move by Syracuse from 80th to 69th in the CBSSports rankings, with little additional context.
- Jeff Sagarin’s weekly rankings have the Orange moving up seven spots to 73, so maybe pair that with 44 in your weekly lottery numbers.
- Pro Football Focus also thinks Paris Bennett and Eric Dungey had the best respective positional performances in the ACC last week. Both tore it up against Central Michigan.
We won’t worry about bowl projections right now, but if you see any additional national news about Syracuse let us know below.