Because the game’s not a nooner, we’ll have to distract ourselves with other football things in advance. First, some links for you to digest about this week’s matchup:
- Everything you need for this game: Streaming, odds, history, etc.
- Five things to watch when the Orange and Chippewas play
- We talk to Hustle Belt about Central Michigan
- ... and we answer some questions about Syracuse over there
- What uniforms are we wearing this week? A new (orange) combination
- Syracuse’s depth chart makes some defensive schanges
- Two of CMU’s top receivers will be out today
- This week’s podcast talks about what Syracuse can correct from last week
- Talking everyone in off the ledge about last week’s loss
- #FakeNunes about CMU
- What are we drinking during this game? Picks from (near) Mount Pleasant, Syracuse and L.A.
- This week’s Facebook Live preview talks offensive changes
- TNIAAM’s Syracuse vs. Central Michigan game picks (and yours too)
And while you’re reading those, a few (ACC) games that are worth tuning into once College Gameday wraps up...
(all times ET)
OK State’s one of the country’s top offenses. Pitt’s defense isn’t very good and just got manhandled by Penn State last week. Whoever decided the Panthers needed to face PSU and OK State back-to-back is an evil, evil person.
How did this game end up on national television? Don’t watch this trash.
Furman Paladins (0-2) at NC State Wolfpack (1-1), 12:20 p.m. - ACCN Extra
After a rough opening outing vs. South Carolina, NC State bounced back last week with a nice effort against Marshall. Ryan Finley threw for 341 yards, but the secondary is still struggling pretty hard. This game won’t pose a problem, however.
How is UConn-UVA on TV over this? Granted, Baylor’s garbage. But I’d very much like to see Duke toss 40 or so on them. The Blue Devils are much better than people assumed and could find themselves near the bottom of the top 25 on Sunday if things break right.
Wake is looking just as good as last year, if not better. And unlike last year, they’re finding ways to score more points. At one point, USU was a standout G5 program, but that’s not really the case anymore. As shown for the past two years, the Deacs know how to schedule advantageously.
We’ll be here all morning, so let’s chat.