Syracuse Orange fans might not be gearing up for a trip to Greensboro in the near future, but when they do they will have a new dining option in the Piedmont Triad International Airport. The ACC and HMS Host opened the 2nd ACC American Cafe in the airport last week and well, we think this menu could be improved a bit:
“Menu highlights like the chopped kale salad, blackened salmon, and Miami style ceviche are specifically heart healthy while the quinoa stuffed portabello, black & blue steak roasted flatbread, and the Carolina pulled pork sandwich are also available to sate hungry collegiate sports fans and food-loving travelers.”
Boring! I mean the ACC is holding the college football and basketball championships right now and the signature restaurant is promoting quinoa? C’mon Swofford, we can do better, so the TNIAAM crew is going to come in and kick this menu up a notch with some new offerings.
- Dabo’s Bring Your Own Guts Sandwich: You get mayo on white bread and a couple of slices of honey-roasted ham. The rest of the fixings are up to you to provide so you should probably call that walk-on WR to deliver them to you.
- Pitt Pastrami: Classic Pastrami sandwich with french fries on top, unavailable during the month of March.
- Buzz’s Hokie Hoagie: An open-faced chicken fried steak sandwich drenched in gravy. It might not be much to look at, but it usually delivers a solid meal.
- Dino Babers’ Chicken Spiedies: You don’t have time to waste waiting for food to be cooked when you’ve got flight to make, so we prep our spiedies earlier in the day. They will be delivered within 30 seconds after you order, and you can eat as many as you want. Didn’t know we could do that? That’s ok, it’s not your fault.
- Roy’s Daggumit Deviled Egg Salad: What some person thinks smells pretty stinky, another thinks is a good way to keep your team eligible to win titles.
All sandwiches served with your choice of sides: Boeheim’s Salty Potatoes, Crinkle-Cutcliffe Fries, Brey’s Sauteed Broccoli, or Addazio’s Applesauce.
- Desserts include: Coach K’s Molten Lava Cake, Tony’s Pack Line Pecan Pie, Triple Chocolate Option Brownies, and Bronco’s Vanilla Ice Cream.
Now it’s your turn, use the comments to tell us what you want to see on the ACC Cafe Menu.