The Syracuse Orange (14-9, 6-4) host the Virginia Cavaliers (17-4, 7-2) on Saturday with something(s) on the line. That's to be expected in this matchup, which has typically had some stakes attached to it since SU joined the ACC. Last time around, the teams competed for a trip to the Final Four. This time, the Orange could use another quality win if they have any shot of getting back to the NCAA Tournament.
Oh, and Jim Boeheim's going for his 1,000th win. We'll celebrate that fact, even if the NCAA won't.
The game tips off at the Carrier Dome around noon ET, and you can watch on ESPN2 if you're not in attendance. But before everything gets underway, you may want to do some reading about what we're up against:
- James gives you a quick scouting report on Virginia
- John GIllon's more important than you think
- We chat with Streaking the Lawn on the Hoos' season and SU's chances to upset
- Everything you need to know about this matchup -- history, TV, odds and more
- Syracuse basketball just refuses to die
- Who the hell's going to win this game? We try to predict things (and so do you).
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments below. G'ORANGE!