While football is getting some big signings coming in for National Signing Day, we’ve also got a great crop of new recruits for the Syracuse Orange men’s soccer team. As with football, there isn’t an early signing period, so all commits that aren’t already on campus have signed today.
Without further ado, the Orange are adding eight commitments on the day.
List of 2017 Commitments: (Name, State, Club)
- CF: Tajon Buchanan, Brampton, Ontario / Broomfield, Colorado - Real Colorado
- CF: Miles Franklyn, Teaneck, New Jersey - Match Fit Academy FC
- CAM: Simon Triantafillou, Burlington, Ontario - Sigma FC
- CAM: Lukas Rubio, Liverpool, New York - Empire United
- CDM: Dylan McDonald, Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Match Fit Academy FC
- FB: Evan Peters, Valley Stream, New York - New York Red Bulls
- FB: Nikolas Steiner, Baltimore, Maryland - Baltimore Armour
- CB: Justin Earle, Stittsville, Ontario - Ottawa Fury FC
The list rounds out a solid class for the 2017 year, including two other members, who joined the squad during for Spring semester this year:
- CAM: Hugo Delhommelle, Rennes, France - Stade Rennais
- MF: Djimon Johnson, Bridgeport, Connecticut - South Kent School
The ten new faces coming on board should offset a bit of the unintentional exodus over the past year. The loss of some talented and long tenured contributors to both the professional ranks as well as normal graduation has left some question as to where people are fitting in.
Over the last year, the Orange have lost the following players:
- F: Chris Nanco (Philadelphia Union), Kenny Lassiter
- MF: Liam Callahan (Colorado Rapids), Oyvind Alseth (Toronto FC), Sergio Camargo (Toronto FC), Chris Gomez (Lafayette), Morgan Hackworth (Akron)
- D: Louis Cross, Miles Robinson (Atlanta United)
- GK: Austin Aviza (Connecticut)
Over the next day or two, we’ll be profiling the signees and giving you a bit of a “Get To Know” on them before they show up on the hill as well as where they will be looking to slot into the squad. Congratulations to the new team members on officially signing. Look for them to join the squad in the fall.