The Syracuse Orange (6-1) will be away from the Carrier Dome for a second straight game, this time playing the disliked UConn Huskies (6-2) at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Since both squads departed the Big East, they’ve met twice (each of the last two years), with the teams splitting the games. UConn won last year’s ugly MSG fracas by two points.
SU and UConn’s paths to six wins so far have been slightly different, but both are currently considered to be fringe NCAA Tournament bubble teams. That may change with a Huskies loss tonight. UConn’s been playing lesser opponents (Columbia, Monmouth) pretty close, and a big defeat at the hands of SU would likely give life to the concerns thus far.
Same goes for Syracuse, in some ways. Saturday’s loss to Kansas was no surprise, but the Huskies aren’t built the way the Jayhawks are. A loss here would bring about more concerns as the Orange enters the back stretch of the non-conference slate.
Things get started at 9 p.m. ET at Madison Square Garden. If you’re not attending the festivities in New York, you can catch the game on ESPN or WatchESPN.
But beforehand, what do you need to know about UConn? Some links to peruse.
- Key info for tonight’s matchup: History, time, odds, etc.
- Five things to watch when Syracuse takes on the Huskies
- We chat with the UConn Blog about UConn’s chances in this one
- ... and they asked us some questions over there as well
- Here are some video highlights of recent SU-UConn games
- TNIAAM staff predictions: Who wins, the Orange or the Huskies?
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments here, and please avoid gifs and large images.