The Syracuse Orange (6-0) face a familiar-ish foe on Saturday when they head down to Miami to take on the No. 2 Kansas Jayhawks (6-0). These teams haven’t met since a thrilling victory by the Orange in 2008, but it usually does take some sort of tournament to get them together.
While both Syracuse and Kansas have started this season unbeaten, they’ve done so in very different ways. The Jayhawks own a big victory over Kentucky, and have stomped lesser foes. SU’s played well so far, but maybe not to the same extent. That’s fine.
Things get started at 5:30 p.m. ET at Miami’s American Airlines Arena. If you haven’t made the trip, you can catch the game on ESPN or WatchESPN.
But beforehand, what do you need to know about Kansas? Some links to peruse.
- Key info for tonight’s matchup: History, time, odds, etc.
- Five things to watch when Syracuse takes on the Jayhawks
- Win or lose today, we can embrace some rational optimism
- We chat with Rock Chalk Talk about Kansas’ chances in this one
- ... and they asked us some questions over there as well
- Game preview in podcast form
- Game preview with Rock Chalk Talk in podcast form
- Oh, Geno Thorpe’s not on the team anymore
- TNIAAM staff predictions for Syracuse vs. KU are incredibly #disloyal
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments here, and please avoid gifs and large images (unless we’re winning by a lot, then post all the Hakim Warrick gifs you want).