By this point we’re used to the weekly Syracuse Orange depth chart changes being indicative of the previous game’s action (at best). And Monday’s release for this week’s game against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons is no different.
The major changes, noted below:
- Kendall Coleman’s “OR” is removed reflecting his return last week at the defensive end spot.
- No more “OR” for Scoop Bradshaw either, having returned from injury himself.
- Jordan Martin is removed from the depth chart following last week’s news he’d miss the remainder of the season.
- Rodney Williams is now the starting free safety, as he has been for weeks. Carl Jones will back him up there.
- Daivon Ellison and Kielan Whitner get an “OR” at strong safety. Whitner had been switched to linebacker earlier in the year, but had plenty of experience as a safety these past two seasons.
Given how banged-up he’s been lately, there’s likely concern about Eric Dungey from some fans (and rightfully so). However, if there were any doubts about his status, Dino Babers wouldn’t indicate them here. We’ll have to wait until either today’s press conference (doubtful) or Wednesday’s teleconference (maybe) at earliest. Syracuse will have to note any injuries in Thursday’s report, though.