The Syracuse Orange couldn’t quite get an important road win on Saturday and now find themselves needing to win two of the last three to reach bowl eligibility. As we’ve been doing each week, we bring you some of the discussion points involving the Orange. So let’s dive into the post-week ten talking points.
- The Orange find themselves 11th in this week’s ESPN ACC Power Rankings. A close loss on the road to the Florida State Seminoles kept Syracuse from moving back into the top 10, but with the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, Louisville Cardinals and Boston College Eagles right in front the opportunity is still there.
- Syracuse is 53rd in the All-American weekly rankings, down 11 spots from last week. They’re sitting right above Wake Forest.
- Bill C.’s S&P+ now shows Syracuse at 68th which is down five spots from last week. As we’ve discussed, the Orange’s uneven offensive performance doesn’t impress the computers.
- Syracuse moves up five spots to 48th in the CBS Sports rankings, which puts them one spot behind the Louisville Cardinals.
- Jeff Sagarin’s weekly rankings has the Orange at 47th. Sagarin’s also got Syracuse’s final three opponents ranked ahead of them.
If you see any additional national news about Syracuse let us know below.