The Syracuse Orange (4-5, 2-3) and Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-4, 2-3) kick off from the Carrier Dome at 3 p.m. ET. You can catch the proceedings on your local RSN affiliate, or stream on Watch ESPN if you’re doomed to such a fate.
But an afternoon kickoff still leaves plenty of time before the game to be absolutely terrified about Syracuse’s bowl chances and whether or not Eric Dungey will play today.
As you sit in fear, maybe consult some of these articles as well:
- All of the info you’ll want to know: History, fun facts, odds, etc.
- Five things you need to watch out for when the Orange take on the Deacons
- We talk to Blogger So Dear about the game (they think Wake’s going to win)
- ... and they ask us some questions over there as well
- This week’s podcast if you missed it
- Probability breakdown of getting to six wins (it won’t be easy)
- Game day beer picks from Winston-Salem, Syracuse(ish) and Los Angeles
- Dino’s anti-ketchup on hot dogs now
- We’re wearing #PLATINUM with the awesome 44 decal as the helmet logo
- TNIAAM provides its predictions for Syracuse vs. Wake Forest
Also, the early ACC games you’ll want to keep an eye on (all times ET):
Duke’s offense has been in a major rut and the team’s spiraled since its hot start. Army, on the other hand, is cruising toward its best season in quite a while and can outrun nearly any team. They won last week without completing a pass. It’s doubtful they do so again this week. The Blue Devils are a top-40 team against the run, so should make for an interesting test of strengths.
NC State Wolfpack (6-3, 4-1) at Boston College Eagles (5-4, 3-3), noon, ABC/ESPN2
The Pack’s lost two straight against tough opponents while the resurgent Eagles suddenly appear to have an offense. Still, NC State’s been a consistently strong team and the NC State defense should be able to slow down recent momentum. An Eagles win would worry us significantly about SU’s final game. A blowout loss here (for them) would make us feel better.
Virginia Tech looked listless against Miami last week, which should be encouraging for Syracuse, but not so much for them. Georgia Tech’s defense has been a wreck in recent games, so this is a welcome respite for the Hokies. It’s going to be close, and the triple-option creates some problems. But Virginia Tech pulls away late (I think).
This is your place to watch all of the early games and chat SU before our game starts. Have another game you’re tuning into? Toss a recommendation into the comments.