The Syracuse Orange men’s basketball team opens up the 2017-18 season at home against long-time nemesis, the Cornell Big Red. Syracuse has won 37 straight games in the series, dating back to a 1968 loss in the home opener. That Big Red team was probably better than this one. But that one also didn’t feature Jim Boeheim’s son, Jimmy Boeheim (who will be in uniform tonight).
Things tip off at 7 p.m. ET from the Carrier Dome this evening. If you’re not there in-person, you can watch along with the rest of us on ACC Network Extra (WatchESPN... meh).
Before things get going, what should you be reading about tonight’s matchup? Some light reading:
- Everything you need for this game: Streaming details, time, odds, history, etc.
- On top of the Cornell streak, Syracuse has also won 13 consecutive openers
- What are five things you’ll want to pay attention to in this one?
- Where should Tyus Battle rank in terms of college basketball’s to players?
- This week’s podcast, for those that missed
- SU being unranked is even more reason to believe, lately
- TNIAAM makes its season predictions for this year (and so do you)
- Also, five bold predictions from Ben about what happens this year
Leave your pre- and in-game comments here. Please avoid all gifs and large images, for lag purposes.