The Syracuse Orange laid waste to the Bye Week Fightin’ Byes on Saturday, and now hit the home stretch. But the game didn’t need to be on TV to change the hearts and minds of college football’s media. As we’ve been doing each week, we bring you some of the discussion points involving the Orange. So let’s dive into the post-week conversation.
- ESPN jumps Syracuse up a spot to ninth following Florida State and Virginia’s bad losses. They Orange sit directly below three of their next four opponents, so there’s a big opportunity to move up in the coming weeks.
- SU is up five spots after the bye, now all the way at 42nd in the All-American’s 1 through 130 rankings. They’re just two spots below Louisville and are above Virginia, Arizona State, Navy and some other decent teams. We’ll take it. But Boston College jumped all the way to No. 39, somehow.
- Syracuse made modest gains in the S&P+ as well, going from 66th last week to 63rd. We talked about why the S&P+ is not a big fan of the Orange this year. Some efficiency could go a long way toward fixing this number.
- We’re up to 48th in the CBS Sports rankings now, just below Louisville.
- Jeff Sagarin’s numbers also push us up two spots, to 50th.
- Bill C.’s advanced numbers also upgrade us to a 65 percent chance to go bowling -- from 57.3 percent last week.
See any other good/bad opinions about SU? Share some links below.