As part of being your home for Syracuse Orange related news, we scour the interwebs to see what other outlets are saying about the team. Each week, we’ll round up some of the discussion points involving the Orange and bring them to you. So let’s dive into the post-week four talking points.
- Once again this week’s ESPN ACC Power Rankings has the Orange 12th but this week it’s the UNC Tar Heels that have joined the Boston College Eagles below Syracuse. Andrea Adelson had this to say about the Orange:
“The Orange have come close in losses to LSU and NC State the past few weeks and now play Pitt, a team that looks vastly different from the one it faced a year ago.”
- Syracuse dropped one spot to 73rd in The All-American weekly rankings.
- Bill C’s S&P+ now shows Syracuse at 55th which is a drop of four spots from last week. Next week’s opponent, the Pitt Panthers are ranked 84th so maybe this is the week the Orange can turn things around.
- Syracuse drops two to 78th in the CBSSports rankings, which puts them four spots below Pitt this week.
- Jeff Sagarin’s weekly rankings dropped the Orange two spots to 74. Sagarin has Pitt at 57th, so he’s in direct contrast to the S&P+
If you see any additional national news about Syracuse let us know below.