As part of being your home for Syracuse Orange related news, we scour the interwebs to see what other outlets are saying about the team. As we’ve been doing each week, we bring you some of the discussion points involving the Orange. So let’s dive into the post-week six talking points.
- After a few weeks without movement this week’s ESPN ACC Power Rankings pushes the Orange up one spot to 11th. As David Hale notes, the optimism might be dampened by the next three games on the schedule
“The Orange might catch a break if they get Clemson without Bryant this week, but that doesn't make the path forward much easier. The next three for Syracuse? Clemson, Florida State and Miami. Yikes.”
- Syracuse ranks 65th in The All-American weekly rankings, up eight spots from last week.
- Bill C’s S&P+ now shows Syracuse at 60th which is a drop of five spots from last week. Since the Pitt Panthers came into the game ranked 84th the win didn’t impress Bill’s statistical model (plus last week was the final week of preseason numbers factoring in). Beating the sixth-ranked Clemson Tigers squad would probably change that in a big way.
- Syracuse jumps up six spots to 72th in the CBSSports rankings, which puts them two spots ahead of John and Dan’s 2nd-favorite college football team, the Tulane Green Wave.
- Jeff Sagarin’s weekly rankings also bumped the Orange up two spots to 68. Sagarin’s numbers still have Pitt ahead of the Orange so we can crank up the faux outrage in his direction.
If you see any additional national news about Syracuse let us know below.