At 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday, the ACC released the full football schedules for all 14 ACC teams -- including the Syracuse Orange.
First, a refresher on what that looked like below:
Saturday, September 2: Central Connecticut State
Saturday, September 9: Middle Tennessee
Saturday, September 16: Central Michigan
Saturday, September 23: at LSU
Saturday: September 30: at NC State
Saturday, October 7: Pittsburgh
Friday, October 13: Clemson
Saturday, October 21: at Miami
Saturday, October 28: BYE
Saturday, November 4: at Florida State
Saturday, November 11: Wake Forest
Saturday, November 18: at Louisville
Saturday, November 25: Boston College
We knew the schedule was tough before this was released, but obviously another difficult second half ahead for the Orange. Some pros and cons at first glance:
- Bye before Florida State
- Two home games in November
- Starting with three at home
- Wrapping up with Boston College again
- Wake Forest in November provides better chance to pick up a late win
- No ACC team faces Syracuse coming off their bye week
- Two straight games in Florida (separated by a bye)
- Clemson and Miami (and Florida State) back to back (to back)
- Clemson on short rest (and national TV)
- Still have road trips to Florida State AND Louisville in November
- at NC State right after trip to LSU
- Later bye week (after eighth game again)
- Just the fact (once again) that we have to play LSU on the road at all
When we tweeted earlier today that the Tigers, ‘Canes and ‘Noles would all be in a row, we were joking. Seems the joke is now the nightmare, even with the bye separating the second and third game in that string.
Early gut reaction says 5-7 here, despite what should be a better team. You can pencil in 3-0 to start, probably. Then have to hope Syracuse can beat one of NC State (on the road) or Pittsburgh (home) to set up a 2-2 ceiling in November. If you can beat Wake and BC, you’re home free at 6-6. If you go 1-3 in the final month, you’re playing the APR game.
But what say you? Happy with how this turned out? Even more sad than before? Share your thoughts below.