The Syracuse Orange football team opens ACC play tonight when it hosts the No. 13 Louisville Cardinals in the Carrier Dome at 8 p.m.
The game will be broadcast on ESPN2 with Adam Amin and Mack Brown on the call.
As you're no doubt aware, the game is an Orange Out. Fans are asked to wear orange. The team will be wearing orange. Students are getting in for free and assumedly wearing orange. The only people in the building who shouldn't be in orange are Cardinals fans, players, and coaches.
Syracuse is coming off a 33-7 victory in their season opener against Colgate. In that game Eric Dungey was 34-for- 40 passing for 355 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo hauled in 12 catches for 210 yards and one score while wide receiver Ervin Philips matched the program record with 14 catches for 87 yards and a touchdown. The Orange will look to that trio as well as Steve Ishmael and their stable of running backs to generate even more offense if they want to keep pace with Lamar Jackson and Louisville.
- Everyone will have their eye on the attendance numbers on the night. Can the Dome break 40K? Or will 36-38K be okay too?
- Dino Babers has some bulletin board material after Bobby Petrino accused SU of illegally snapping the ball before the chains were set, which actually ended up not being illegal anyway. Good try, Robert.
- Check out our Q&A with Card Chronicle for some opponent insight.
- Know the five things you need to be aware of before the game begins and then keep an eye on the three things that need to happen for SU to pull off the upset.
- See how everyone feels about the game, which apparently doesn't look great considering our predictions.
After that, leave your pre-, in- and post-first half comments below. G'ORANGE!