Many readers are likely Syracuse Orange men’s basketball season ticket holders. But for those that aren’t, today (at 10 a.m. ET) is your day to select which game(s) you’ll be attending this season -- unless you’re a #disloyalidiot blogger on the West Coast, of course.
“Pick six” packages are one option, and those start at $170 per ticket. Those are comprised of the following selections:
- One game from Tier 1 (Duke or Georgetown)
- Three games from Tier 2 and 3 games
- Two games from Tier 4 games
As a refresher, those lower tiers are broken down as follows:
- Tier 2: Pittsburgh, Florida State, Virginia, Georgia Tech
- Tier 3: Cornell, Miami, Boston College, Wake Forest, Louisville
- Tier 4: Colgate, Holy Cross, Monmouth, South Carolina State, Boston University, North Florida, Eastern Michigan, St. John's
(insert jokes about St. John’s sitting in “tier 4” here)
If you ask me, I’m choosing Duke (likely top-ranked team in the nation), Pitt, Virginia, Louisville, St. John’s and Monmouth (?) There’s a pretty fair shot a lot of other people are thinking the same thing, so... we’ll see what attendance looks like for teams like Miami, BC and Wake (among others).
You’ll be paying quite a bit more per ticket if you buy single-game options, but it’s understandable that those not nearby don’t “need” six home game tickets. Full pricing details are here.
Those interested today can go through the Carrier Dome’s online box office, call or visit in-person. Those latter two options are available from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Women’s basketball tickets are also for sale, with season tickets as cheap as $75 per seat. Fans can sit courtside for $125 on the year — not bad at all to watch a national runner-up in action.