Members of the Syracuse Orange football team addressed the local media today on campus. With the first game of the season less than a month away, people are getting excited for Syracuse football.
Here's what we know:
- Ashton Broyld has been dismissed from the team but he's still finishing classes on the hill.
- Walk-on Jacob Green is out for the season after suffering a torn ACL playing pickup basketball.
- Michael Lasker is still recovering from shoulder surgery and will be out until mid-August.
- Brisly Estime looks great and is ready to go.
- Scott Shafer said that he has been in talks with Mark Coyle and believes that Coyle has a good plan in place for the football program. "As (Coyle) put it, it's not a dash, it's a marathon."
- Erv Phillips and Ben Lewis will get time at h-back. Freshman Dontae Strickland will split time between running back and h-back.
As for the interviews themselves...Shafer started things out at the podium:
Shafer opens: "I know @BrentAxeMedia wants me to hit the podium, but I'm not gonna."— Stephen Bailey (@Stephen_Bailey1) August 8, 2015
Shafer: "One hell of a freakish year for injuries."— SUJuice.com (@TheJuiceOnline) August 8, 2015
You could say that again...
"Expressback" is going to stay as a term for the former SU "H-back." #Expressback— SUJuice.com (@TheJuiceOnline) August 8, 2015
Shafer: #Expressback will do things from wing alignment off tackle, off tight end, move to slot, work him back into backfield in two-back.— SUJuice.com (@TheJuiceOnline) August 8, 2015
Shafer on Hunt: "Everything he's done has been to put together an athlete that's ready to have a great senior year." #cuse— Nate Mink (@MinkNate) August 8, 2015
Terrel Hunt says he became a better student of game after injury last season. Loves the "mismatches" Tim Lester's offense will create.— Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia) August 8, 2015
Hunt: "MacFarlane and Morris - Devante is a straight down the hill back, G-Mo likes going out wide."— SUJuice.com (@TheJuiceOnline) August 8, 2015
Zaire Franklin had high praise for Ron Thompson on Saturday, calling him "the most important person on our defense" http://t.co/CKUppVoAGP— Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia) August 8, 2015