Since the advent of the three-point line in 1986-87, no one has produced more talent than the Duke Blue Devils, Mike Rutherford writes.
Despite what every anti-Syracuse basketball fan says, the Orange also produce NBA talent. Syracuse has produced the 8th-most NBA Draft picks, including 16 first-round picks since 1987, and 21 first-round selections since 1966.
Here are a few interesting notes about the rankings:
- Arizona (5) and Duke (1) are tied for most overall NBA Draft selections.
- Duke has produced 18 lottery picks since 1986-87, which is the best among any program.
- 108 Divison I programs have had at least one player selected in the NBA Draft between 1987-2014.
- Syracuse has produced 16 first-round draft picks since 1987, which is 6 more than Georgetown.
- Georgia Tech has 22 total draft picks in the modern era. That's more than Michigan State, Georgetown, Ohio State, Indiana and Louisville.