Another week, another round of Syracuse basketball news that's less than great (though this time, not awful). We're not necessarily surprised by DOCTOR Gross's "resignation" or the fact that Jim Boeheim has a retirement timeline in place now. But the fact that these things happened concurrently and are now official... that, if anything, is jarring (or was yesterday).
This episode, John Cassillo is joined by Dan Lyons and Jared Smith to take a look at the news around Jim Boeheim and Daryl Gross, provide some late NCAA Tournament picks, and chat about beer. Some of the larger talking points:
- Who are the top candidates to replace Daryl Gross?
- Why don't more Midwest breweries show up to California?
- Dan, Jared and John's Final Four picks -- don't copy them (or do)
- Some of the likely upsets you'll see in the NCAA Tourney's first round (like EWU over Georgetown)
- Quickly trying to brush Wednesday's #HOTSPORTSTAKES away, and wondering why they exist at all
- Previewing what's in store for our weekends, and when we'll be burned out on basketball
- Want more beer? Follow John and Dan on Untappd!
Plan accordingly: This podcast is over an hour long. We talk about SU basketball's recent breaking news, while providing some NCAA Tournament advice, and plenty of opinions on beer, too.
If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
- Download the podcast from BlogTalkRadio
- Download the podcast from iTunes (New iTunes feed so make sure you update. Also PLEASE RATE & REVIEW the podcast on iTunes. Appreciate it!)
- Also, we're sponsored by Audible.com, so be a pal! Go to AudiblePodcast.com/NunesMagician for a free audiobook. It will cost you zero dollars or commitment. Seriously.
You Missed It! Recent TNIAAM Podcasts: