The future of Syracuse Orange basketball just got a little bit brighter on Friday afternoon as class of 2016 forward Matthew Moyer tweeted that he would be taking his talents to Syracuse.
I am blessed to say that I am committing to Syracuse University!!!!— Matthew moyer (@ballout4ever) August 8, 2014
Moyer, a 6'8" forward out of Lincoln High School in Gahanna, Ohio, is the first commit the Orange have received from his class. He is rated 90th overall by Yahoo! Sports for his class and ESPN does not have him currently listed in their top 60.
Syracuse.com's Mike Waters said Moyer made his decision while attending the Syracuse Elite Camp at the Carmelo K. Anthony Center, when he received an offer to play at the school. He also added that the junior in high school had approximately 25 other offers to choose from.
Moyer still has two years of high school to complete before joining the Orange and is apparently soaring up national charts. He should have time to grow, and already with his current size and length he seems to be a perfect fit for the team's scheme. Long and athletic with a wingspan of 7'2".
- Syracuse Daily Links - Football Expectations, Ennis Signs With Suns
- Syracuse Football Practice Catch-Up: Erv Phillips Praised, PTG Still The Man
- ACC Football 2014 Season Preview Podcast: Pittsburgh Panthers
- Syracuse Basketball: Tyler Roberson & B.J. Johnson Shine for East Coast Team
- Syracuse Recruiting: Breaking Down the Wide Receiver Situation