Yes, yes, I know.
The entire field for the 2K Classic tournament has not been revealed, but Syracuse will face California in the tournament's semifinals at Madison Square Garden.
Syracuse will play Cal for the third straight year in one semifinal. The Orange beat the Golden Bears in the 2013 NCAA tournament and in last year's Maui Invitational. California will be playing for new head coach Cuonzo Martin, who guided Tennessee to last year's NCAA tourney. He replaces Mike Montgomery at Cal.
The game is set for November 20 at 9:00 p.m. The other semifinal will feature the Texas Longhorns taking on the Iowa Hawkeyes. The winners and losers will then play each other the following night on November 21.
Also, Syracuse announced that it will host the Long Beach St. 49ers on December 28. They've become a recognizable opponent in the Dome, having been here last in 2012. They're coming off of a 15-17 season and they're not taking it any easier this year. Along with the Orange they also travel to play St. John's and Louisville. Apparently they think they're in the Big East in 2010.
Here's the updated schedule...
- Syracuse Chancellor Syverud is About to go Dean Wormer on SU Students
- SU Football: Norton Knows Now Or Never
- Syracuse Daily Links - Kirkland Injured, Shafer Uses Fancy Words To Make Us Feel Better
- Jim Boeheim Slams Mark Cuban, Will Not Stop Hyping Up The Class of 2015
- An Open Letter To Syracuse Athletics From The Local Podiums Union