Syracuse Orange football punter, fashion icon and great American hero Riley Dixon saw his name on the 2014 Ray Guy Award Watch List today. And it was good.
Syracuse junior punter Riley Dixon was one of 25 players who have been selected to the 2014 Ray Guy Award Preseason Watch List on Wednesday. The award, which is presented by the Greater Augusta Sports Council, identifies the top collegiate punter annually.
Dixon finished the 2013 season ranked 16th in the nation for punting yards with 3,161, a total that was good for third all-time in a single-season for the Orange. He averaged 42.1 yards per punt, including 15 punts of more than 50 yards and had 21 punts downed inside of the 20-yard line.
The only other guy to ever be named to the watch list from Syracuse? A little something we like to call...Rob Long.
While they might as well just give the award to Dixon now, they're going to wait until December 11 when they announce it live during The Home Depot College Football Awards.
- ACC Football 2014 Season Preview Podcast: Louisville Cardinals
- Syracuse Football: Brisly Estime & Ritchy Desir Will Split Punt Returns
- Syracuse Daily Links - Boeheim Think Bulls Are Best Fit For Melo
- Syracuse Football 2014 Position Preview: Wide Receivers & Tight Ends
- SU Basketball: Words Not To Get Worked Up Over