Former Syracuse Orange forward C.J. Fair went undrafted in the NBA Draft and didn't come out of summer league with a guaranteed deal. He was probably expecting something a little different. Hence, he fired his agent and found a new one.
"He terminated me yesterday,'' Torrel Harris, who had been representing Fair, said Thursday. "I like C.J. I wish the best for him.''
Harris said the Mavericks and a few other NBA teams had extended invitations to their training camps to Fair, but the invites came with no guarantees.
Harris said that he did get C.J. a $200K deal with a European squad but Fair is set on playing in the NBA. C.J. has since signed with agent Joel Bell of the Bell Sports Inc.
C.J. might not have gotten a deal out of the Mavericks but at least he had a good time.
I really enjoyed my experience here at the NBA summer league. The support I received was unbelievable especially from the fans! Thanks You— CJ Fair (@cjfair) July 18, 2014
That's all that matters.
That and guaranteed money.
- Syracuse Daily Links - Who Is This Mystery 2015 SU Basketball Recruit?
- Syracuse Football 2014 Position Preview: Defensive Line
- Syracuse Basketball: Orange Will Host Loyola Greyhounds November 25
- Jim Boeheim on 2015 Syracuse Recruits: "Best. Recruiting Class. Ever."
- Behold, The Orange Eagle Trophy Returns!