A sudden, joyful piece of news just came across on Twitter -- a piece of news that should be a cause for celebration for us all. Per formerly "disloyal idiot" Andy Katz:
Georgetown and Syracuse announce a renewing of the rivalry in 2015-16. Hoyas will host in 2015-16, Orange in 2016-17.— Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz) June 10, 2014
Notice that this only lists out two years of games, and at this moment,
it seems like no others are planned FOUR YEARS, WOOOOO!. Obviously it's a nice start, but we all know we want a solid 10-year deal on the books between the long-time, heated rivals.
My questions now -- and I'm sure more will arrive as the day wears on, since ESPN and various others will likely have full-blown stories about this:
- What the hell took so long, Georgetown?
- How did the Hoyas swing the first home game? Trying to get revenge for this, from the last time we visited the Verizon Center?
- Why just
twofour games to start?
- Does this mean we're not pursuing a continuation of the St. John's and/or the Villanova series? Or are we planning to just play two of these three every year in non-conference play?
- Syracuse-Georgetown at the Dome in 2016-17 is totally breaking the attendance record again, right?
- Related to the above: When can I buy tickets?
Again, more to come as the day continues. But how do we feel? Excited? Disappointed? Neither? Share below.
Obligatory: It's 11: 25 ET and Georgetown still sucks.