The Syracuse Orange women's lacrosse team has beaten every team they've played this season. Except Maryland.
Sunday, the Orange lost for the first time in twelve games and for only the second time this season, dropping a 13-7 contest to the Maryland Terrapins in the 2014 ACC Women's Lacrosse Tournament.
"We had a great week here," said Syracuse head coach Gary Gait. "There's a lot of lacrosse left and we won't have to play three games in four days again. We beat two top 10 teams in Notre Dame and North Carolina. We just didn't have enough against the best team in the country."
The Orange are now 17-2 on the season and will still earn a high seed for the NCAA Tournament, possibly the No. 2 seed. Considering that their only two losses were to the obvious No. 1 team in the nation, that should bode well. Weirdly, SU still has a game to play, taking on Loyola on Saturday, May 3 in the Carrier Dome.
Alyssa Murray, Katie Webster and Kayla Treanor were named to the All-Tournament team.
- Notre Dame 15, Syracuse 14: Orange Fall in the ACC Men's Lacrosse Championship
- 2014 ACC Lacrosse Championships Open Thread
- ACC Tournament Roundup: Orange Ready For Round II With Irish
- 2014 ACC WLAX Tourney: Syracuse Advances To Championship With 9-7 Win Over UNC
- 2014 ACC Tournament, Syracuse 16 - Duke 15: Redemption