And so, the No. 4 Syracuse Orange will play their first-ever ACC Lacrosse Tournament game in style, going up against arguably the best team in the nation and one that clobbered them the first time around, the No. 2 Duke Blue Devils.
Face-off in Chester, PA is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. You can watch the game on ESPNU, ESPN3, Cuse.com or listen in on 97.7 FM. Totally your call here.
Our Jim Simmons wrote up a preview of the match-up earlier this week...
Duke started off their season 4-0 before losing back-to-back games against the Maryland Terrapins and the Loyola Greyhounds in early March. Since that point, the Blue Devils have ripped off eight straight wins, scoring at least 15 goals in all but one of those games. Duke provides an impossible matchup situation on offense as they are loaded at attack and their first midfield line is possibly the best in the country. Duke is the one team I didn't want to face in the ACCT, and hopefully we don't have to face them until Championship Weekend. I think Duke is the National Champion at the end of the year, and even with Syracuse's improvements I think the Orange lose this game. My prediction is a 18-12 loss.
The Orange are playing for NCAA seeding. A win here will go a long way towards not only the ACC auto-bid but also ensuring they host a first-round game against a lesser opponent. A loss moves them down the food chain.
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments below. G'ORANGE!
- Syracuse Football Recruiting: 3-Star Florida CB Gerald Robinson Verbals For 2015
- Syracuse Football Recruiting: 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks Joins The Fold
- Let's Settle This Debate Once And For All...Seer-Ah-Cuse or Sara-Cuse?
- ACC WLAX Tournament: Syracuse Survives Notre Dame Comeback, Wins 16-11
- #HopTalks Recap: Coach Hopkins On Next Year's Squad, Transfers & The Dome