Jerami Grant BackWatch has become one of the most critical events of the Syracuse Orange's 2013-2014 basketball season. It's been made pretty clear that if the Orange want any chance of fulfilling their lofty expectations, they're going to need a healthy, or mostly-healthy Grant in the line-up.
Some say Grant should just be shutdown until the ACC Tournament. Some say he should be shut down until the NCAA Tournament. Some say he should get back out there if he's capable cause, oh my God, we can't lose AGAIN.
Well, he's practicing. As for what that means on Sunday…your guess is as good as mine.
On Thursday, Grant practiced with the rest of his teammates at the Carmelo K. Anthony Basketball Center. He took part in all drills. He moved well, but seemed a little stiff at times.
"There's no change,'' SU coach Jim Boeheim said just prior to practice. "He's the same.''
Boeheim offered no indication as to whether Grant would play in the Orange's final regular season game on Sunday at Florida State. The ACC tournament starts next Wednesday. Syracuse won't play until Friday's quarterfinal round.
"We won't make a decision until Saturday or Sunday,'' Boeheim said.
If you're a betting person, put your money on Grant not playing. But, we'll see.
- Syracuse Daily Links - The Oral History of 6OT
- ACC Women's Tournament: Syracuse Closes Out Clemson, Advances To Quarterfinals
- Syracuse Basketball Roundtable: We're Officially at DEFCON 1
- Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink: Grief Counseling Post-Georgia Tech
- The Annual Syracuse Swoon: This Time, Later Than We'd Like