Finally, the No. 11 Syracuse Orange can find out just what this whole Greensboro experience is all about. The Orange will play the N.C. State Wolfpack tonight in their first-ever ACC Tournament game with the hopes of not making it their last one until 2015.
The Orange just want to win and advance but there's a lot at stake here. The Orange could still very well end up anywhere from a 1-seed to a 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament, depending on how things play out. If that matters (if for no other reason than to ensure early round access to Buffalo), then they absolutely have to win today and set up a semifinal showdown against the winner of Duke-Clemson tomorrow.
For C.J. Fair, it's a chance to go head-to-head against ACC Player of the Year T.J. Warren. Not that this is a clinic for scoring, but if Fair puts up big numbers and leads the Orange to victory, it's a little something of a moral victory (Not that Warren didn't deserve the award. Just…you know…).
The game will be televised on ESPN and you can watch it online at TheACC.com as well.
Check out the rest of the odds, history and rivalry info over here.
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments below. G'ORANGE!
- 2014 ACC Tournament, Syracuse vs. N.C. State: TV Listings, Odds, History, & More
- ACC Tournament Possibly Moving to Brooklyn's Barclays Center in 2017
- Before They Play, Where Does Syracuse Stand In The Brackets?
- Syracuse Daily Links - Final Four Or Bust For C.J. Fair
- Syracuse vs. Johns Hopkins Preview: Take a Break from Basketball