The Syracuse Orange are the No. 1 team in the nation, two weeks running. They are not, however, favored in tonight's game against the No. 25 Pittsburgh Panthers. The Panthers are favored by 2 points, which basically amounts to a pick'm that favors the home team, however, it shouldn't be any surprise that SU is the dog here.
Syracuse might have beaten Pitt in the Dome earlier in the year but the Orange's recent history at Peterson is bleak. Jamie Dixon is 6-1 against SU at home and the Orange haven't won in the PEC since 2004.
All signs point to this being Syracuse's first loss of the season. And yet...
Doesn't that make you want to see the Orange win this game that much more? Prove that we're no paper champion and that history will not dictate how far this squad can go? We don't have any illusions about this team losing a game sooner or later but…I really, really, really don't want to see it happen tonight, when everyone seems to expect it.
Baye Moussa Keita won't be playing tonight, as expected, so the Orange will have to lean heavily on Rakeem Christmas and Jerami Grant to fill in the gaps.
The game will be televised on ESPN, so, watch it. Get your game, history and rivalry info over here.
Leave your pre-, in- and post-game comments below. G'ORANGE!
- Syracuse Vs. Duke: Tip-Off Time Moved As ESPN Shifts College GameDay's Pre-Game Show
- SU Basketball: Praising The Present From The Past
- Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink: Pittsburgh Preview/Clemson Review
- Syracuse Football: Elmhurst's Joe Adam Is New OL Coach, Per Report
- Syracuse Daily Links - BMK Improving, Boeheim Doesn't Think Ennis Will Go Pro